One of the features of the Obelisk or Beacon (supply crate) is the Character Data Transmission. By saving your character data, you'll be able to transfer your character to a different Server.
When transferring your survivor, please be sure to keep the following in mind:
- It is helpful to make note of the servers that you transfer to, so you do not forget where your survivor is located.
- If you have not purchased the expansions for ARK, please DO NOT attempt to transfer to the expansion maps.
- Only one survivor can be loaded to each server.
- If you load another survivor on the same server, the previous survivor will be erased.
- You can also put items in the inventory by clicking Transmit Ark Data and dragging the items in.
- If you put the items in the inventory for artifacts, they will be lost.
- If you leave items on your actual survivor during the upload, the items will be lost.
- Transfers between PVE and PVP servers is NOT possible.
- Please note that you are NOT able to transfer the character from an unofficial server to an official server, nor can you transfer the data from the single player mode to the official server.
- If you upload your survivor data and decide you no longer want to be on that server anymore, you must do the following:
- Spawn on the server you last played on
- Go to an Obelisk or supply drop
- Travel to your desired server using the same steps as below.
- It is also possible to transfer your tamed dinos this way with the same steps as listed below
- Once a Tame has been uploaded and downloaded onto an ARK, it will suffer a 12-hour cooldown until it can be transferred again.
- Since Patch 246.0, upload of items is limited to 50 stacks and upload of dinos is limited to 20
How to Safely Transfer Your Survivor
- To transfer your data, approach the console located right under the Obelisk Tower or Beacon (supply crate) and activate it.
- At the top left side, you'll see a button "TRANSMIT ARK DATA".
- Press the button to get the options for the data transmission, so that you can upload your character data.
- During the character creation, you'll now be able to load in the character that you've uploaded.
- Currently characters can only be downloaded from the same types of servers
- For Example: A PVP character can transfer to another PVP server, or A PVE Character can transfer to another PVE server.
- You are able to transfer from Island to Island, Center to Scorched Earth, Island to center, etc.
- From here you may choose a server from the provided list, and then press “Join w/Survivor”and you will begin transfer to the server you selected.
- When you have officially joined the server, you will be prompted and there will be a button that says “SPAWN SURVIVOR”, press this button, and your survivor will be spawned on the new server you chose.