One of the features of the Obelisk or Beacon (supply crate) is the Character Data Transmission. By saving your character data, you'll be able to transfer your character to a different Server.
When transferring your survivor, please be sure to keep the following in mind:
- It is helpful to make note of the servers that you transfer to, so you do not forget where your survivor is located.
- If you have not purchased the expansions for ARK, please DO NOT attempt to transfer to the expansion maps.
- Only one survivor can be loaded to each server.
- If you load another survivor on the same server, the previous survivor will be erased.
- You can also put items in the inventory by clicking Transmit Ark Data and dragging the items in.
- If you put the items in the inventory for artifacts, they will be lost.
- If you leave items on your actual survivor during the upload, the items will be lost.
- Transfers between PVE and PVP servers is NOT possible.
- Please note that you are NOT able to transfer the character from an unofficial server to an official non-legacy server, nor can you transfer the data from the single player mode to the official non-legacy server.
- If you upload your survivor data and decide you no longer want to be on that server anymore, you must do the following:
- Spawn on the server you last played on
- Go to an Obelisk or supply drop
- Travel to your desired server using the same steps as below.
- It is also possible to transfer your tamed dinos this way with the same steps as listed below
- Since Patch 246.0, upload of items is limited to 50 stacks and upload of dinos is limited to 20
- Once a Tame has been uploaded and downloaded onto an ARK, it will suffer a 12-hour cool down until it can be transferred again.
How to Safely Transfer Your Survivor
- To transfer your data, approach the console located right under the Obelisk Tower or Beacon (supply crate) and activate it.
- At the top left side, you'll see a button "TRANSMIT ARK DATA".
- Press the button to get the options for the data transmission, so that you can upload your character data.
- For Example: A PVP character can transfer to another PVP server, or A PVE Character can transfer to another PVE server.
- You are able to transfer from Island to Island, Center to Scorched Earth, Island to center, etc.
- During the character creation, you'll now be able to load in the character that you've uploaded.
- Currently characters can only be downloaded from the same types of servers
- From here you may choose a server from the provided list, and then press “Join w/Survivor”and you will begin transfer to the server you selected.
- When you have officially joined the server, you will be prompted and there will be a button that says “SPAWN SURVIVOR”, press this button, and your survivor will be spawned on the new server you chose.