The following steps are necessary to promote an account to admin on an ARK: Survival Evolved Gameserver:
- Start ARK: Survival Evolved
- Connect to your Gameserver
- Open the in-game console by pressing the "TAB" key
enablecheats ADMINPASSWORDand press enter. The admin password can be viewed and changed in the "Settings->General" section of the Gameserver's Web Interface. To change your admin password you must stop your server first, change it, save the changes, and start the server. For the change to take effect.
To permanently set yourself as an Admin on your ARK server, to save adding in the Password each play session.
- Navigate to the Web interface of your server: How to Access your Web interface?
- Stop your server
- Navigate to your
settings > generalpage
- Scroll to the box labeled "Admins" as seen below.
- You'll need to insert your STEAM_64_ID into it, which is a long number and can be found at this website: https://steamid.io/
- Once you have gotten your STEAM_64_ID insert it into the Admins Box as seen below, then click to save.
- Start your server and you are now Admin.
Now you can use all the commands within the game and you will not have to enter the password to become an administrator every time you enter the server.