Approach 1: Steam favorites list
- Open Steam
- On the top bar select "View", scroll down a little, and select "Servers". Will open a new window
- On the top bar, we should be on the "Favorites" option.
- On the bottom right corner select "Add server". Will open a little window requesting an IP
- Locate your IP address:
- Navigate to your Web Interface
- On the left side locate the IP address of the server as shown below:
- Locate your Query Port: Web Interface Dashboard->Scroll down
- Add the Query Port to the IP address of the server. For example:
- IP Adress: 188.8.131.52:40000
- Query Port: 40001
- IP + QueryPort: 184.108.40.206:40001
- Copy your IP + Query Port on the field, and select "Add this address to favorites"
- Now your server will be on the Favorites list, select it (will light up with a blue background)
- On the right bottom corner select "Refresh". Select again your server and click on "Connect" (If you click on "Connect" without refreshing before, an error will appear. This is a bug from Steam)
- If you enabled a password on your server, a new window will appear requesting the server password, type it as it appears on the Web Interface.
- It will launch the game and join the server.
Approach 2: Direct start option
- Start your Steam program
- Navigate to "Games -> View Games Library" in the header bar
- right click on "ARK: Survival Evolved"
- Select the "Properties" menu point
- Navigate to the "GENERAL" section
- Navigate to the bottom of that section and locate "LAUNCH OPTIONS"
+connect 127.0.0.1:27015into the text input field (change the example IP with your Gameserver's IP address)
+connect 127.0.0.1:27015 +password YOURPASSWORDif the server is password protected
- Close the windows
- Start ARK: Survival Evolved via Steam and it will directly connect to the defined server
Approach 3: Web interface
- Start your Steam program
- Click on the gray "Connect to server" button in the top right corner of the server's Web interface
- Accept the external protocol request, it is recommended to save this setting, so the message box won't pop up every time
- The game should now start and connect to the server
Method: Epic Games
- Open Epic Games and start Ark Survival Evolved game
- Select the first option "Join Ark"
- Put the name of the server at the top as it appears in the Web Interface of your server
- In the lower-left corner select the "Unnoficial servers" filter
- The filter "Auto favorite played sessions" has to be disabled
- The filter "Show Password protected" depends if your server has a password or not. Check your Web Interface Settings -> General
- If the game does not appear the first time, turn the filter "Password protected" on/off and back to off/on
- Your server will appear in the list, select it and press the "Join" button
- If your server has a password, a field will appear, please type your password as it appears in the Web Interface of your server
- Connect to server